Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Reflection on RA

To continue the celebration of arthritis awareness month, I have decided it is time to "picture"ra. To date, I have written many posts on my blog about my personal ra, about ra in general, and about things that can influence how we handle ra.

Today, I have decided to do a pictorial reflection on ra. Not like the In The Joint posts that I plan on continuing but rather on how I see ra in almost everything around me.  It often just jumps out at me when I am walking around my neighborhood, near the ocean, or even in art sometimes.

So here is my "reflection" on ra in pictures:

Somewhere in there we must find the beauty again.
Find something that you love to do (even something new) and do it.
Reach out to others. It will not only make you feel better but it just may improve another's life as well.
A good dose of humor really does help.
It's important to look ahead but sometimes looking up will give you an entirely different perspective.
Being inflexible can make the journey much harder. Consider going with the flow for a change.
Sometimes it is the imperfect that actually is just perfect.

And...Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

7 comments:

L."Wren" Vandever said...

Nice photos and a nice post, Deb. Your gingerkitties are cute as little tiggers--and that's the first hanging moss I've seen since AF training in Biloxi, Mississippi about a thousand years ago. Brought back some interesting memories, it did.

You have a happy Mother's Day, too!

Daisy said...

Lovely heartwarming post, thank you all the way from the UK :-)

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Wren...hanging moss is here alot in Wilmington :-) I am so glad you enjoyed the post.

Daisy...welcome! I visited the UK about 8 years ago and loved it!! Your country is so beautiful!

Terry said...

Thanks for the view through your camera. There is beauty around us everyday, you just have to know what to look for. Many people go through life with blinders on. Nice job Deb.

Happy Mothers Day!

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Tharr...thank you on both counts :-)

Theresa said...

"Sometimes it is the imperfect that actually is just perfect." YES!!!! As I always say, "I'm perfectly imperfect!"
Happy Mother's Day to you Deb!!! Awe heck, Happy EVERYDAY!! ;-)

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Theresa...I love it! I am perfectly imperfect. No wonder I love your blog.