Friday, October 5, 2012

I am falling for Fall...

The air isn't quite crisp enough for me...not just yet anyway.  But every which way I turn, I see fall surrounding me with her beauty, her wonderful colors, and her enticing fruits of this season.  It is truly breathtaking and it fills my soul with joy!

I mean who wouldn't want to submerge themselves in the fun of this season.  We have many traditions in my household and I find that it is because of these traditions I am able to keep going.  Able to get up and move on, push myself to do because I know the fun it will be.  Traditions are so important and traditions keep us grounded in life.

I have committed to "live in the moment" and I am striving to do this every single day of my life. But it is when I do our traditions that I am probably the most content, the most happy, and the most joyful in life. True...I love new experiences but traditions are like the warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold night, that warm soft blanket we snuggle in when we aren't feeling quite right, or that soft worn out flannel shirt we wear year after year because it brings us comfort.  Yes, traditions are comfort food for me.  And heck, they don't always have calories either :-)

So off to the pumpkin farm we ventured this day. And what a grand day indeed....
The pumpkin patch is featured yearly at a local church.

And yes, there are pumpkins here, there and everywhere!

But what the heck is this! I was so tempted to bring it home and add some feathers.

There are big pumpkins, medium ones and tiny ones too!

TJ found her perfect pumpkin.

I'd say she is a bit excited with her find!

Just the right size for me and my ra hands.

Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet and this spider came to scare her away!

Our happy fall fireplace.


My kitty pumpkin. 

TJ's elegant pumpkin. Ain't it pretty?

I truly hope that this inspires you to grab a loved one or a friend and decorate a pumpkin of your very own.  It is truly a great way to welcome in the fall.

OKzzzz...I'mz takinz youz advice...diz iz definitelyz az differentz purrrrspectivezzz onz lifez!

My daughter and I are walking in the upcoming Arthritis Foundation walk. If you would like to make a donation, I know it would go to a great cause! From the bottom of my heart...thank you.
http://wilmingtonarthritiswalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1014430&supId=365959918

13 comments:

Corry said...

I love how you decorated your house!

God's Grace.

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Cory....How sweet of you to say. Thank you. I might be a tad bit self centered as I do more decorating inside for me to look at :-) It just makes me smile when I see the happy stuff surrounding me. Anything to distract me from the everyday ra aches and pains I say.

Terry said...

Deb, looks great and what a pumpkin patch. Fall is my favorite season with all of the activities, we love to do corn mazes. I agree with you about traditions. The trees are just barely starting to turn as we have had our first frost over the weekend.

Theresa said...

Love Fall!! So good to see you out enjoying it! It's been much too cold here as of late for these old bones, but hopefully more "average" temps will return and I'll get back out there!!

Beautiful pictures!! Thank you!!

Theresa

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Terry...I have always wanted to try a corn maze :-) But would need to be sure I have a ride out in case I got lost.

Theresa...fall is for sure here where I live...brrrrr. But they say it is warming up again this weekend. And yes, the real cold doesn't agree with me either. But neither does extreme humidity. Cranky old joints!

Theresa said...

Deb, you are so sweet. Thank you for checking out my husbands article and leaving a note. A big warm fall hug across the World Wide Web for YOU! I thought of you as I lit my pumpkin candle this morning...one of MY traditions.
Blessings to you,
Theresa

Suzy said...

Your decorations are delightful. I'm glad you went without the spider (they are not among my favorite things)

payitforward said...

I am a 45 year old male. I was diagnosed with R.A. about 6 years ago. This disease has changed my life. When it started, I knew little of what to expect and how this disease would progress. I started reading about it but since the symptoms, etc. didn't match my condition at that time, I relaxed and had a false sense of relief. I assumed it must be a mild form and that I will be fine.

However my body started to feel the full power of R.A. after about a year and I started consuming a cocktail of allopathic medication. My body started to crumble - pain, inflammation in all possible joints, lack of strength, mental fatigue, confusion about the future and a total surrender to the disease. I also lost a successful business and that hurt me mentally and financially.

The allopathic medication proved to be of little help and was almost (I was able to move with great difficulty) bedridden for about 18 months.

This is when I decided to fight. I had to. The doctors were not able to give me a satisfactory recovery plan. I decided to try alternate routes to recovery. First with Ayurveda and then with Homeopathy. This new combination helped me. My body started to respond and this fuelled my quest for more alternate medical therapies.

Today I use combination of Ayurvedic & Homeopathic medicines, I do Accunpucture, Yoga & Urine Therapy besides exercises to strengthen my body. It's been more than a year since I stopped allopatic medication and now depend solely on natural remedies. Besides natural medicines, I also stick to diet that's suitable to my body.

My ESR (sedimentation rate) which was 130 has come down to 30 & CRP which was 80 is now 11 in about a years time.

I believe that our body is capable of healing itself but sometimes we just have to provide the right stimulus for healing. If the stimulus is nature based (non chemical) the impact maybe slow but definitely long lasting and without any side effects.

I have benefited from natural remedies and hope this information is useful to people with problems similar to mine. Also if anyone does benefit, please pay it forward and educate others.

Anonymous said...

Hi, have you tried a natural route, such as ArthritisProtocol.com ?

شركة المثالي سوبر said...

Company isolate the roofs of the release

Anthony Del Rosario said...

Howdy!

What are the aronia berry benefits?

Thank you!
Anthony

James David said...

Nice blog, thanks for sharing with us this valuable information. I’m always read your blog for and I have got a lot of informative blog for this.
embroidery digitizer

TOOD MILLER said...

You decorated your house really well, maybe you should also add some cool fabric embroidery digitizing in usa