Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Happy Tool Kit

What makes me smile…

It is so important with any chronic illness that we smile. And anything and everything (legal of course) should be employed. Gather yourself an arsenal of happy tools that you can pull out on those days when you just plain don't feel like smiling.

Here is some of my toolkit:

Her music just makes me smile every single day. She is a regular with my morning coffee and my afternoon tea...



I can't help but smile with him....




We have flowers in our yard.  Until I pick them all. And if I can't do the cutting on a particular day, my hubby is sweet enough to help me.  Did you know that my eyes and nose smile too...


And my stomach loves to smile...


Other times, the smiles just happen...



Or I may have to go outside to find a winged smile...




Or a crabby smile.




And there are times when driving is necessary to bring on a smile...



Sometimes I go online to smile...




I am always collecting new tools because I know I am in this for the long haul.  I want the biggest arsenal, the largest tool kit that will keep me smiling. I hope you start collecting your tool kit too!

6 comments:

Dutch said...

Wow, what a wonderful post. Thanks for this. I needed to read something like it this week.

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Thank you for the comment Dutch. I truly appreciate the feedback.

Kristen N. said...

I needed this too. Not having the best week. I love your blog. Im so new to all this and its so nice to have other people who understand what Im going through. xoxo

Happy Body Happy Life said...

I just love your Happy Tool Kit. This is the first time I have seen your blog. It is beautiful and full of wonderful words. Thank you for sharing your journey :)

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Kristen...sorry about the bad week you are having. Having this journey to share really has helped me alot along the way. And it does get easier as time goes by. It takes time to find the right med combo, the right support network(s) and the right mindset that is best for you. Please know that if you ever need an ear...I will listen.

Deb aka AbcsOfra said...

Tonya...thank you for visiting and I hope we can walk this journey together in time. The longer I have ra, the more I realize that networking with others that have this disease is key. Come visit with me anytime. I am always here (so to say :-) and welcome the company.